Welcome to 1012 61st Street, an elegant 3 bedrooms, 2-bath bungalow in the heart of NOBE. Originally built in 1924, the home was expanded and extensively rebuilt in 2012 with vintage charm and detailing combined with todays efficient systems and modern layout. The indoor-outdoor flow from the house to the lush gardens is remarkable. This custom designed oasis feels reminiscent of grounds at a fine Napa B&B, featuring a flagstone patio, outdoor dining pergola, decomposed granite area for sitting around a fire pit and built -in redwood seating alcove. Over 400 square feet of auxiliary studio/workshop/storage space is also nestled in the backyard landscape.
Timeless detail and designer finishes create a calm, casual elegance throughout the home. The luxurious master suite features two sets of French doors flowing to deck and backyard, walk-in closet and marble master bath w/dual sinks.
The dining room flows directly onto an intimate side deck perfect for watching sunsets and enjoying summer evenings. The kitchen-family Great Room boasts soaring 10-foot ceilings, all stainless appliances including a Samsung French-door refrigerator, walk-in pantry, farm sink and French doors for views and direct access to the back yard. Two additional bedrooms and a second full bath round out this picture-perfect, move- in ready dream home just waiting for new owners to enjoy.
One of Oakland's most convenient locations at the confluence of North Oakland, Berkeley and Emeryville, this is a neighborhood boasting proximity to Berkeley Bowl West, the Actual Cafe, James and the Giant Cupcake, quick access to BART, Highway 580 to SF, Highway 80 and so much more.
- Separate entry hall with views to the dining deck
- Dark stained hardwood floors throughout
- On-demand hot water
- Tandem off-street parking for 3 cars
- Washer/dryer convey with home
- Fully fenced dog run accessed off the side dining deck
- Wood burning fireplace in cozy living room/parlor
- Sewer lateral compliant
- Drought tolerant native plantings on fully automated drip system in back yard
- All dual pane windows and 4 sets of French doors (plus 3 additional sets in the studio)
- Newly painted inside and out (October, 2014)
- 3 bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms
- 0 Garages
- 1,774 sq. ft.
For more information, contact: