Sedona's Back O' Beyond
Views! Views! Views! This custom contemporary home was designed to capture spectacular vistas at every angle. Carefully adapted to the environment, its views are unblockable. Sedonas premier architectural firm, The Design Group & Builder & Master Wood craftsman, Joel DeTar, collaborated to create a home that nestles into the rocks using the existing space, organically causing the least disturbance to the natural environment as possible. The result is a home that uniquely captures the natural beauty of Cathedral, Bell, & Courthouse Rocks, the Oak Creek Valley, the Mingus Mountains, & lights of Jerome. Art and architecture: a perfect marriage. Entering through the Moon Gate, or descending to the Secret Garden, this home is decorated with a sense of the artistic, including stained glass windows, art niches, a meditation room with a domed ceiling and a cylindrical stone tower that was designed as a perfect sound chamber for a media, music or recording studio.
This home is move- in ready. It has had a recent exterior and interior facelift. Outside improvements include a new roof, stucco, paint, Trex wrap around deck and hot tub. The interior has newly refinished kitchen cabinets, paint and carpet. All windows have new Sun shades to maximize views while limiting the sun's UV rays. South facing windows have an extra protection with pleated shades in addition to the sun shades, allowing for maximum views and comfort. The cozy, covered alcove on the deck has an additional awning and fireplace to extend your outdoor enjoyment year round, and for viewing the spectacular Sedona sunsets. Priced to sell, and ready for its new owner!
- Custom Design Group / DeTar Masterpiece
- Views of Cathedral Rock, Bell Rock, Courthouse Rock and Sphinx Rock
- Overlooks Oak Creek Greenery & Fall Color
- No major blasting was done to prepare this site
- Media Room / Potential Recording Studio
- New roof and support beams 2012
- 2013-2015 Exterior full house restucco and paint. Restain and seal exterior woodwork. Repainted all fencing. Repainted all exterior walls.
- 8 Custom Tommy Aderholt Stained Glass Installations
- Newer Wraparound Trex Deck with Unforgettable Sunsets
- Pleated Shades on Southern Exposure, Sunscreens Throughout,
Custom Dark Roman Shades in Owners Bedroom
-Retractable Awning on Deck Fireside Room
- R/O Water Filtration System in Kitchen
- Two Sink Disposals
- Custom moon gate at entry designed by owner.
- Outdoor Hot-tub with a Glorious View new 2012
- Exquisite Custom Alder woodwork details throughout
- Custom front door with Colorado purple Heartwood.
- Design Specific Shoji Doors built by Master Shoji builder.
- Ganesha statue to remain in Ganesha Garden of Genesis on the lower level patio.
- Granite installation and shower door replacement in two baths 2012
- Chapel of Divine Wisdom artistry by Max and Claire Liecher using nontoxic paint with essential oil additives. The Chapel artwork merges the floor star installation made of Amethyst Slate with 5 inlaid amethyst stones, representing the 5 energetic directions, with the 6 petal lotus painting in the dome of the chapel. The domed ceiling is crowned with a Tom Aderhold stained glass creation.
-5 custom Juniper benches made by local artist to remain in the Chapel
- Decor Reflective of a Tranquil Japanese Tea House
- Contemporary Architectural Design with Universal Appeal
- Close to National Forest and Trails
- Enclosed dog run
- Owner's Attention to Detail Unmatched
- 4 bedrooms
- 2.5 bathrooms
For more information, contact: