16 Deer Trail
Lafayette, CA 94549
This extraordinary Happy Valley Estate Property is being offered for the first time and presents a rare opportunity. The family had been in the construction business for over seven decades when the home was constructed in 1987. It was a manifestation of many years of designing, building, and developing landmark projects such as the Lafayette Library & Learning Center, Oakwood Health Club, Lafayette Orinda Presbyterian Church, and Temple Isaiah.
With a degree in civil engineering, and an avid interest in art and architecture, the builder was inspired by some of the legendary architects he studied in college, including Frank Lloyd Wright and Le Corbusier. He was drawn to geometric shapes and simple lines with special attention to the private and picturesque knoll site.
The finest materials, some quite unique, were selected and combined with superb craftsmanship to create this architectural masterpiece. It was showcased in a Sunset Magazine story in the 1980Ps.
The interiors were designed to be as light, airy and open as possible by using natural sunlight, expansive walls of glass, and soaring ceilings to capture the magnificent views of the surrounding and distant hills. The property enjoys nearly 270-degree panoramic vistas.
- Custom designed wood entry door with stained glass side lights. Floor, fireplace, and living area counter stone tile from Mozambique.
- Clear heart redwood exterior siding, mitered around doors and windows.
- High vaulted interior cedar wood ceilings, large expansive glass windows, doors, and clerestory windows.
- Multiple custom built-ins.
Open Living Areas
- Entry Gallery with museum ceiling lighting.
- Dramatic Living & Dining Rooms with two-sided fireplace.
- ChefPs center island Kitchen with stainless steel appliances.
- Adjoining Family Room with fireplace.
- Separate Office with built-in work stations.
- Convenient Laundry Room, Walk-in Pantry, Powder Room.
- Private Master Retreat with its own deck.
- Adjacent Bonus/Studio/potential Bedroom.
- Three Additional Bedrooms, full Bath.
Separate Guest House with large Living, Kitchenette area with sinks, full Bath.
Oversized 3-Car Garage with workshop, storage.
Great outdoor resort living with relaxation and recreation at its best. Regulation size tennis court adaptable for multi-sport activities, swimming pool, spa, Trek decking, dining areas, and panoramic views.
Landscape was designed to achieve a natural look with native and low maintenance plants, fruit tree orchard, and meandering pathways.
Prime Happy Valley Location
Close to vibrant downtown Lafayette, Oakwood Health Club, Lafayette Reservoir, BART, and easy freeway access in two directions.
Top Rated Schools: Happy Valley Elementary, Stanley Intermediate,
Acalanes High School. (Please check with districts for availability)
** Per public records